Preparing your list
"...the professionals approached finding people to talk to as one of their core skills. It was part of their job to find new people. They weren't interested in luck. They weren't worried about running out of people. They developed the skill to make sure that never happened. The professionals started with a written list. But then they made the focused commitment to never stop adding to that list." Eric Worre Go Pro
You've got these amazing oils, a passion to share them, and a desire to build a business. Now what?
When you think about how to share doTERRA, the first place to start is to think about WHO you can share them with. A contact list is so important. Here's why:
1. It helps you really think about your sphere of influence. Taking time to write it all down ensures you won't miss someone that could benefit from these oils.
2. It keeps you organized. When you keep track of who you've contacted, who has come to a class or workshop, who needs some follow up, who has started their account, it's that much easier to stay on top of it all.
3. It allows you to continually have options for reaching out as you consistently add to your list over time. As you begin doing workshops and have classes hosted for you, you'll meet more and more people. Add them to your list. When you feel stuck, come back to your list. It's a powerful tool for moving you forward!
- Choose a format that works for you: notebook, spreadsheet, Customer Relationship Management system (I like this one here)
- When you're writing your list, avoid making assumptions. It doesn't matter whether you think they might be interested in essential oils or not (that's not for us to decide). Need some help getting to 100? Try out this memory jogger HERE
1. Write your list! Choose the method that feels the best for you at the moment and get going.
First, don't leave anyone off of it. These are not all people you are actually going to contact - you are just forcing your brain to "refill" after you've emptied it of the first people who come to your mind. Think of EVERY person you possibly can. Everyone goes on your list. Think of everything - every organization you've ever been involved in, every group you've ever been part of, everything you've ever done. This step is important in capturing your true network on paper.
The next step is looking at your list and thinking about the people they know. Second degree of separation. You probably know many of them as well! Write those names down. Think about members of your family. Who do they know? Add those names. Think about your friends and who they know, then add those names to your list also. Don't worry about whether you will actually share oils with them, just jump start your brain into thinking about your relationships this way.
2. When you're done, read through your list and:
* Put a star next to the 3 people you'd most like to partner with in this business
* Circle those you know are the most likely to be curious about oils
* Highlight those who love to host parties and events in their home
* Send me a picture of your list
3. Watch to Eric Worre's 5 Steps video. Share your thoughts me with and ask me any questions on your mind.